Thursday, December 8, 2016

Holiday Tablescaping with Target


Oh what fun it was to tablescape with Target! I was thrilled to be challenged by the Target team to create a holiday table under $200 using fantastic finds from their website and stores!


When I set eyes on this cheerful shatterproof ornament tree, I knew that I had found the perfect centerpiece and inspiration for the rest of my table!  I loved the colors, the classic ornaments and, of course, the touches of glitter!  To add a bit of drama, I perched the tree up on a three tiered pedestal/cake stand for height.  This is such a great purchase for anyone who likes to entertain.  It is so versatile and comes in so handy when serving food as well! I added extra individual ornaments to the other levels and surrounded it with a "wreath" of flowers. 


To spread the nostalgic cheer to each place setting, we added these confetti plates (which look like they are covered in shattered peppermints!) and these charming Vintage Santa melamine plates.


Brightly colored bottle brush trees and ornament place cards tied to the napkins (that, of course, I had to monogram!) topped off each seat.  


I couldn't resist throwing these charming pom pom blankets over the back of each chair as well!


After peeking at the tablescapes, we enjoyed a wonderful meal at a long dramatic table set down the center of the room.


What was the occasion?  We gathered at The Joule Hotel to honor the amazing work of the Just Keep Livin Foundation, founded by Mathew McConaughey and Camilla Alves. JKLivin is an organization that provides a safe place for unsupervised students to gather after school, make new friends, stay positive and stay safe.


But I wan't the only one asked to create a tablescape from Target.  Camilla Alves, who spoke so sincerely about the work the foundation is doing at the dinner, created a charming and playful table with a woodsy feel. 







My talented friend, Camille Styles, came up from Austin to style this gorgeous and fresh table with glimmers of gold and surprising pops of oranges in the centerpiece.




One of Dallas' most charming style bloggers, Amy Havins, of Dallas Wardrobe delighted with this charming and cheerful set up.  I loved the candy cane place card holders!




Merriest Christmas and Happy Hosting from all of us to you!

SaveSave

1 comment:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio