Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Thanks for Asking: Dried Citrus

I love it when y'all send me questions or ask for more details on one of my posts.
I posted about these dried citrus "chips" on my Instagram Feed yesterday and so many of you asked for the instructions!  Made me feel so good! 

They are delicious and healthy as a substitute for crackers on a cheese board, great for a garnish or give off a fresh and pretty aroma just sitting pretty in a bowl!  Enjoy!

Here is the step by step - Super Easy!

1.    Wash the fruit
2.    Cut into uniform slices (about 1/8” – ¼” thick. )
3.    Arrange on a baking tray over two paper towels to absorb the juices.  Keep layering the paper towels and fruit in a stack.
4.    Pre-heat your oven to it’s lowest setting (150 degrees)
5.    Place a second baking sheet on top of your stack and carefully flip the layers of paper towels and fruit.
6.    Carefully remove the fruit slices from the paper towels and place them on wire baking (cooling) racks.  You can layer the racks on top of the slices so that they don’t curl!
7.    Place in the oven for up to 6 hours or until dried (you can check by bending them – they should be pliable and no juice should come out.)

And, y'all, I just love these placemats. They go with everything from my formal Herend Rust Bouquet to these simple milk glass bowls.  If orange isn't your color, don't fret. They come in other gorgeous colors too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio