Monday, August 20, 2012

Monogram Monday - New York City

I love New York and was so thrilled to have a full day there to share with my sister, Krystal.  Here are the details of our Big Apple adventure.

8:00 AM - Rise and Shine! Check out the view we woke up to from our room at the Carlyle.


There was a fantastic Nespresso machine in the kitchenette of our fantastic room. I loved it so much that I asked for one for my birthday!




Isn't the room pretty?  I loved the monogram pillow in the living room. It made me feel at home.

9:30 AM - Krystal and I left the hotel to head to the near-by Metropolitan Museum of Art to stroll through the period rooms.  I loved the English rooms and Krystal loved the French!  Don't miss the New American Wing either.




And check out this amazing Dog Kennel (even Lola would feel spoiled in this!).


We also took a little bit of time to check out the Schiaparelli and Prada Impossible Conversations exhibit.  I died over this blue and white bridal veil by Schiaparelli  The exhibit is fantastic and not to be missed!


11:30 AM - Our visit to the Met was short but we had a lot on our to-do list! By the way, you can see what Krystal wore in her outfit post here.

Afternoon:

A little bit of shopping on Madison Ave - check!
A little bit more shopping at Bergdorfs - check!  (I got these YSL shoes on sale! Score!)
Corn chowder and chopped salad at the chic Kelly Wearstler designed restaurant, BG at Bergdorfs - check!
A trip to Smythson for a new Mid-Year Soho Diary for Krystal and a few gifts - check!
A stroll through Chanel (my birthday is coming up!) - check!
A stroll through Hermes (reminder - my birthday is coming up!) - check!


4:00 PM - After freshening up back at the Carlyle (and pretending we were Jacqueline Kennedy strolling out the revolving doors on to Madison Ave), we went for a quick meeting with my awesome literary Agent, Andrea Barvzi, at ICM.  She always gets me excited about the next project (no news on that yet) and reminds me that I need to keep trying to sell the books I have out now!  (Order one for yourself and one for your mom today!)


5:00 PM - Meeting with Alison Brod PR about all of the exciting new things they have going on!  She is a busy lady and their office is so incredible.  They are moving soon but I hope they take their Pucci inspired decor with them.  There are framed scarves on the walls and vintage chairs in the reception area.

6:30 PM - A stroll through Barneys and a nice walk back to the Carlyle to get ready for dinner.  We passed Bardith Ltd. and spotted these Blue and White Serving Platters in the window.  AMAZING! (Reminder - my birthday is coming up!)


8:00 PM - Dinner at Phillippe with great friends. It was so delicious and I don't know if I have ever laughed so much in my life.  It was such a fun crew.

11:00 PM - We snuggled into our glamorous bedroom at the Carlyle and dreaded leaving the next day.

By the way, our flight the next day was cancelled (such a bonus because it gave us a chance to enjoy a leisurely lunch in the city!). I want to send a huge thanks to the folks at Delta because they were so nice and helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio