Friday, December 3, 2010

A Vintage Christmas

What is your Holiday Decor Scheme?  Purples and golds are certainly on trend this year but I get excited about using blues and silvers to make my decor stand out.  Here are a few images of some of the decor around my own home.  I mixed vintage ornaments and mercury glass ornaments on and around a vintage metallic tree from the 50s.  I also have sweet glittered letters spelling out Joyeux Noel and an Eiffel tower to honor my husband's French family! 
I love vintage Christmas tress because the colors are so incredible.  My pale blue and silver one is fun but I also love the white, pink and green trees that I have seen.  Although these artificial trees don't give off the wonderful fragrance that a real tree would, they are stunning and stylish.  I love the small tabletop sized trees for an apartment that doesn't have room for a tree or an entrance hall.  
Vintage Ornaments can be displayed so many ways and they have become quite collectible.  I like to place mine stacked up in clear glass cylinder vases.  I always save the clear vases that florists use to send flowers and pull them out for seasonal decorating.  I also love the idea of hanging special ornaments from long strands of ribbon in the center or a wreath or tying one up in the center of a mantle garland. 
Vintage trees and ornaments have become quite collectible.  Check out eBay or your local flea markets for fantastic finds.  Please send me photos of the decor in your home!  I would love to post them here.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The blue and silver is always such a stunning combination. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, these are stunning elements! I'm sure your home is a virtual winter wonderland for the holidays!!!

    Merry merry!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio