Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Year's Christmas Cards


I have a hard time getting rid of Christmas Cards. I absolutely love getting them in the mail and I really cherish them. I have boxes full of old cards and Justin started giving me a hard time for keeping them. They really are taking up quite a bit of space! I came up with a few things that I could do with them and I hope you will take a few of these ideas and apply them to your cards this year.
  • Cut up your cards and make gift tags. Select sections of the card that either have a charming image or a kind message. Cut that part out in to the shape of a gift tag or purchase an extra large "punch" from a scrap booking or craft store and punch out a shape. Add the To and From portion in your own handwriting. Punch a small circle in the tag and tie it on to your Christmas packages.
  • Turn photo cards into gifts for friends. A dear friend of mine game me a Christmas ornament that was made from the photo card that I sent to her the Christmas before! I truly cherish this precious ornament and will keep doing it every year! To make a simple ornament, trim the card and photo to a shape that you like. Laminate it and punch a whole in it. Add beautiful ribbon or vintage metallic thread ( a hot trend this year!) to complete the ornament.
  • Recycle your cards by sending them in St. Jude's Ranch for Children. The children participate in make new cards by removing the front and attaching a new back to the old cards you send in. The benefits are two fold! Customers buy the "new" handmade cards and able to make a "green" purchase and the children receive payment for their work and raise money for St. Jude's Ranch for Children! They will be accepting cards from now thru February 28th, 2010. You could also make a contribution by purchasing cards for almost any occasion from Birthday's and Thank You's to Easter and Christmas. Cards are sold in packets of 10 for $10.
To donate your cards simply send them to:
St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Recyclced Card Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

To purchase cards you can visit the online store here or calling:
1.877.977.7572

3 comments:

  1. My nieces and I use the old cards to make holiday placemats. We cut the cards and glue them onto construction paper and after they are done have them laminated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea Rachel! Send me some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the donation idea, so pleased I stopped by to learn something new. I love using my old cards as gift tags, this year I am using my old cards as table place cards - each person will be greeted with an old card they sent us just to keep things interesting at the table.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio