Monday, October 24, 2016

Pixelated Gamer's Birthday Party


My darling son is turning 9 and, after I got over the tears of him growing up too fast (9 is half way to 18 which is when he will leave for college!!!) I set to work planning a small celebration with him.

We started by working on an activity and theme.  He wanted to have a game truck at the house and that sounded easy enough!  I made a call to Games2U and found out that their service was perfect for us.  They sent a truck that allows 12 kids to play monitored and appropriate games for their age.  They enhance the gaming experience with laser lights and coaches to help them improve their games! (This isn't sponsored - I just loved what they did!)  They also offered laser tag which kept the boys running around and burning off some extra energy!  It was a hit!


I have a few major pet-peeves but the biggest one is seeing plastic water bottles with just a few sips taken out of them all around the house so, to solve the problem with this sleepover, I ordered these cute personalized joystick water bottles that doubled as their party favors!


In addition to ordering pizza, I set out this pixel themed candy bar.  It was such a blast to set it up with my son!  He loved working on it.  We ordered lots of bulk candy and various shades of greens and brown.  I even included some veggie chips in the hopes that some might choose that....only one did!  The bar is made up of these amazing plastic bins (only buy half of what you need and use the lids as containers too!).

After a long late night that my husband and I took turns monitoring, we ordered donuts for the boys before the parent's picked them up.

"Game Over" seemed the perfect phrase!



Happy Birthday JR!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio