Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Pomander Pack Party Favors




Did you like Monday's post about the Mom's coffee I hosted for friends with children born the same year as my own?  I promised I would tell you more about the party favors and I can't wait to hear what you think!  

I wanted to send my friends away with an activity they could do with their children and maybe even help them start a new tradition so I made Pomander Packs for them to take home.


I make pomanders with my children every year and I love to see how they decorate their citrus.  It is fun and easy and not all that messy (makes mom happy!) If you follow my Instagram Feed then you know that I monogrammed mine this year!



I packed these darling jars with jadeite lids full of all of the supplies they would need to make pomanders at home and tied a tag with the instructions on the back.  Since you didn't get to join us at the party, I laid out the step-by-step here in the hopes that you might make some with your family!





The first step is to pierce the orange in the pattern that you want to make.  I like to use a fork for strait lines and single toothpick for more complicated sections and designs.


Simply push the cloves into the pierced holes.  My two year old take ages to do it but she loves the challenge!  (I make the pierced holes for her and she pushes in the cloves.)



Tie a ribbon around the orange and add some glue from a hot glue gun to hold it in place.



All done!  Hang it from your tree or mantle and let it dry out. The fragrance is wonderful and the colors are beautiful and bright!  They have a rich history that is fun to read about and share with the children too! 





I'd love to know what crafts and traditions you include your children in at Christmastime?  Please leave a comment and let me know! 

                This post was created in partnership with Sunkist Growers and products were provided by World Market, Both are brands that I love!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio