Sunday, September 27, 2015

Monograms and Media


Well, I can't tell you how full my heart is at the response to my new book, Monograms for the Home.  

I wish that it wasn't sold out on Amazon but Gibbs Smith Publishers promises that the third printing is on its way very soon!  Stay tuned here and I promise to let you know when they are back in stock and when my book signings are!  In the meantime, you can email us at kathy.short@schlegelcap.com or stop in to Madison in Highland Park Village or Nest on Knox street to pick up a copy!


Here is a shot of me with my friend and the photographer of most of the book, John Cain Sargent.  He is a gem!  Obviously we had to hand the camera over to a non-professional to take this photo and I left the cropping like this because it cracks me up!


John has a beautiful studio and I jumped for joy when he offered to host a little media get together there to celebrate the launch of the book.  I turned to my friends at Droese PR to put together a great guest list and, as usual, they didn't disappoint!  More about our guests later in the post.  I can't wait to get to the set up!


Guests were greeted by a big copper bucket full of bubbly, rose and white wine, a pretty floral arrangement in a blue and white vase (of course - John shares my passion for anything and everything blue and white!) and a tray of macaroons.  Of course, we also had my new linens from Halo Home by KSW!


All of the treats came from World Market - I love this Rose because it tastes amazing when served ice cold but also because the bottle is so beautiful. I keep them afterwards and use them as vases. The bottom is carved like a garden rose.  So pretty!



Of course, we also had to use these amazing giant mason jar decanters for lemonade, iced tea and water! 


Mary Love Koons of Koons Kitchen made amazing mason jar salads for our guests.  I'll be sharing the recipes for the fabulous shake-and-enjoy lunches tomorrow on the blog.  They were delicious and are perfect for a shower, buffet lunch or casual get together.  A few of us didn't take the time to eat at the party so we grabbed one and ate at our desks afterwards!



They were so good and make such a great presentation on top of our Halo Home fold-over napkins.


But as darling as the salads were, nothing made as big of a splash as these adorable little piggies.  These glass salt and pepper shakers had more bloggers and social media lovers pulling out their phones to snap a pic than an appearance by Anna Wintour would have! 



Koons Kitchen provided some sweet treats too!  You could stack anything on these marble and wood pedestals and they would look yummy but these were truly delish! 



My sister, Krystal, came a little early so that she could be the first to have a book signed.  Cutie Pie!  If you like fashion, I hope you will follow her blog! 


Each of the guests left with a copy of the book and a monogrammed hand towel by Halo Home!  I can't wait to get our e-commerce website set up for the linen line but in the meantime, if you are interested in them, you can reach out to The Loveliest.  They are stocking the linens and offer monogramming services as well.


John took photos of the guests while we all mingled and we had a great time snapping away with our devices too!  This is Tanya Foster snapping Alicia Wood and I!  You might know them better as Film Fashion Fun and The Lush List!


This is my friend and partner in Halo Home, Jen O'Neal and the chic blogger Albertina of Mimosa Lane.   At the party, she told me a fabulous story about selecting her daughters name so that it would match all of her monogrammed linens from her childhood!



An extra special thanks to Branching Out Events for providing all of the stunning flowers for John's studio too!  



“This post is in partnership with World Market, a brand I love. All opinions here are my own. Thank you for supporting the affiliate posts who make this blog possible.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio