Friday, May 15, 2015

A Modern Game Night with Veuve Clicquot


This spring has been BUSY!  I needed a night to spend with friends, sip some champagne and catch up so I decided to host a Modern Game Night.  

KSW in Altuzarra

To help me make the night just right, I teamed up with Veuve Clicquot and we had fun with their new  Say It With Clicquot Rosé ice bucket shaped like a megaphone.  It was a blast!  We all declared our wishes, goals, loves and, of course, the game night scores, though the megaphone over the balcony so that the entire city would know that we were "saying it with Clicquot!"  


The gals in my family are champagne lovers.  I mean LOVERS!  We LOVE it!  Can you relate?  
So, it doesn't take much of an occasion for us to pop a cork.  A simple game night is the perfect everyday occasion!



Want a go-to flower arrangement that you can make anytime?  I've got the solution that works in any kind of decor! I used this trick for our modern game night but I've stacked these cubes in traditional, ornate and classic homes and it wows every time!  But the best part is that you can do it on your own!  No need to hire a pro!



Step One: paint the edge of 6"x 6" glass cubes with a gold paint marker.  It is so simple to do and really finishes off these inexpensive vases.  


Step Two: Fill the vases about half way up and place flowers inside each vase - one per vase!  I like to mix the colors and varieties up a little bit.  In this case I used some pale pink peonies and dark rich and light pink hydrangea inspired by Veuve Clicquot Rosé.


Stack the vases randomly for a dramatic arrangement that will suit any space!


 Our playing card table runner was an easy and fun DIY!


Step One: Measure and cut a roll of paper to fit your table's width and length.  


Step Two: Lay out the playing cards face down a few rows at a time in a random pattern.


Step Three: Use a double sided adhesive roller to glue cards to the paper roll.








Valentino Pumps


Check back in Monday for many more photos, my husband's playlist and the menu - recipes and all!


ps. Did you know you should serve your Veuve Clicquot in white wine glasses instead of flutes?  
It's true! 
Cheers!

Photography by Kelsey Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio