Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Color Condition and Patina Party Rentals


 When I set out to start a party rental company in 1999, I was hoping to fill a niche need in the event market.  I wanted to provide something different than the typical white plate and polyester linen.  I started renting out my mother's china and making custom linens for clients and it grew from there.  I sold the business in 2005 and I've enjoyed renting from it with out the responsibility on owning it since!  

Rentals have come a long way since 1999!  Now there are gorgeous plates, glasses and linens available at moderate prices but looking back, I never would have dreamed that the rental industry would be clever enough to collaborate with artists on something as whimsical and festive as 

Isn't it gorgeous?  

Patina is a fantastic resource for anyone planning an event.  They offer an array of vintage items for rent to add personality to your party.  I love that they break down their inventory in to collections from Industrial Farmhouse to BoHo Glam.  Their site is worth a visit whether you are planning a party or not!  Get your pinterest page ready for some new pins!

So, back to The Color Condition...

I first saw one of Marianne Newsom and Sunny Sliger's amazing installations at a Nasher Sculpture Center event in Dallas.  The artists use multi-colored streams in varying lengths and widths to create an experience that wows, excites and moves the viewers.  I can't tell you how festive and special their transformation of a space is - indoors or out!  Check out their website and watch the video to see for yourself. 

The great news is that now you can rent them for your next event!  Contact Patina to put your order together! The streams are easily installed and available in a mix and/or match of panels, baskets, or a canopy of wildly colorful streamers in a variety of colorful options. 

I'd love to see what you do with them so send me photos!

Happy Hosting!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio