I am so thrilled to be featured on my friend James' blog All Things Farmer. If you haven't had a chance to see the interview here it is!
1. How do you think growing up with your family in Dallas has influenced your style?
I love this question! My mom is very fancy. She loves to get dressed up and always preferred to be over dressed than underdressed. I also have two sisters so we have such a great time playing with hair and makeup and fashion. Dallas is full of so many chic women with great style as well and the home of great shopping: Neiman Marcus, Highland Park Village and Stanley Korshak!
2. If you were a color, what would you be and why?
because I am a little bit obsessed! I have some of my grandmother's blue and white china that means
so much to me and I think that probably influenced me a bit.
3. What are some of your favorite heirlooms? What do you love about them? How have you incorporated them into your decor?
My mother in law has given Justin and I some wonderful treasures including the monogrammed silver
she received when she was married to Justin's father. It was her wedding gift to us and we really
treasure it. The W monogram is very pretty and unique so we use it on everything now, from linens to
4. What's your favorite room in your home?
room is special because we have had some wonderful times around the table with family and friends.
We ended up making our dining room smaller when we did some renovations to our home because we
really wanted a round dining table. The library is great because it is filled with so many treasured
5. Favorite scent?
6. I have loved being an Editor-At-Large at Southern Living with you! Tell us about one of your favorite Southern Living moments.
Getting to know you is one of them! Truly, the places we have gone and people we have met are the
most wonderful rewards and ones that I didn't anticipate from this job. The Southern Living Team is
amazing. Lindsay Beirman is a wonderful teacher without realizing it. I learn something new from him
every time we are together.
7. What's your favorite garden flavor? How do you incorporate it into one of your favorite dishes?
I am a rosemary fanatic so this is my time of year! I love it with meat or a vegetable risotto or an Italian
Dish! I also love it as a garnish for a drink at a holiday party.
8. I know your mother has been a major influence on your style. How do you translate the style of our mothers' generation into our own?
You have great questions! I love my mother's style and she has been a huge influence on me. She
taught me that a smile is the best way to add style to any outfit. She also taught me that keeping my
home in order and keeping the family together are two of the greatest gifts we can give the people we
9. What's your favorite pattern?
Hands down - Tobacco Leaf!
10. You are a fierce fashionista! If there was a fire and you could only save one haute piece of couture, what would it be and why?
My wedding dress!
Absolutely! I love weddings! We went to a beautiful wedding a few weeks ago that took place at the
Bride's family ranch and I got so emotional. I always keep tissues in my handbag at a wedding.
12. What's the last meal you made at home? Who did you share it with?
I made Dean Fearings Tortilla Soup Cornbread Dressing for my in-laws over Thanksgiving. It was a
hit with lots of Southwestern Flavor!
13. I am always telling my clients that coffee tables are like mini representations of our lives. So what's on your coffee table?
A bowl full of duplicate photographs (for people to flip through and take home if they want!), a big
blue pottery bowl filled with four orchids and some moss and lots and lots of beautiful books!