It's Friday! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?
We had a full week at Whitman Media. It started out at the Dallas Art and Antique Fair. Look at the
amazing pen and ink drawing of Maria Antoinette one of the dealers was presenting. She was in her early 20s when this was done. The script reminds me of the work of my favorite calligraphy artist, Bernard Maisner who created the artwork for my websites.
Also at the art fair, I found a few things my husband really ought to buy for me. Wink! Wink! The list includes this Gorham Silver 258 pc set circa 1897. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is unreal!
We were all about getting ready for the biggest holidays of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, at the Texas Living studios this week!
- Click here to check out D Moms Magazine Executive Editor's ideas for the perfect kids table for your big family meals. Her ideas were awesome and she put it all together for under $20!
- This tablescape by Todd Events featured on Texas Living, is big on impact and easy on execution!
- Incredible ginger bread house. Four Seasons made it and it will be auctioned off at the GingerBread Stroll in Highland Park Village to benefit Community Foundations.
- Chi O Christmas' gingerbread house. Roofing made out of frosted mini wheats- brilliant!
- I loved this segment with Christy Rost. Her recipe for a cranberry tart seems like something even I could do!
- I also learned how to make a Strawberry Jalapeno Glaze for the Turkey that I know you would love!
- Today on Texas Living, Chef Dean Fearing showed us how to make amazing tortilla dressing for Thanksgiving. You can get the recipe here.
- Lastly, I am SO thrilled to share with you a sneak peak at the Neiman Marcus Christmas window! They don't open until tomorrow, but you can watch the exclusive reveal here!
I'd love to know what you have planned for your Thanksgiving. Do you have some holiday traditions you look forward to year after year? Are you trying something new this year?