Friday, August 10, 2012

At Home With Kim - The Guest Bedroom

 I thought it might be fun to share a little bit of my home with you here on the blog! We had friends from France staying with us recently so the guest bedroom seems like an appropriate start!

Photo by Werner Strube for Traditional Home
Design by Jan Showers
Wall Paint- Queen Anne Pink #HC 60: Benjamin Moore and Co.
Linens - Leontine Linens and Porthault
Art by Mary Temple
I wanted a pink bedroom in my bachelorette pad so Jan Showers recommended this gorgeous pale coral/soft blush palate for me. Isn't it delicious? I loved it so much that, after I got married, I "transplanted" the room to our new home but made it the guest bedroom as my husband wasn't anxious to have a pink bedroom. He should have been though! The color is so flattering!



Looking for more guest room inspiration?  Check out these links:


I love this story that Carolyne Roehm did for Veranda on getting the Guest Room ready.

Here is a video I did for Fine Living's Smart Tips on Getting Your Guest Room Ready:

 


 

And don't miss this slide show of gorgeous guest rooms on the Architectural Digest site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio