Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tablescape Tuesday: Breakfast in the Afternoon

For me, setting the table is a great creative outlet. I take every opportunity, even brunch with girlfriends, to do just that!  Here is a green and white table that was featured in my book, Tablescapes.
 "Tablescapes"
To set a ladylike tone,  I began with a simple white cloth and a Lily of the Valley-patterned overlay from Porthault.This is a set we use nearly every day - a green and white plate with tiny green flowers that we brought home from a trip to Paris and a smaller breakfast plate from Porthault with a border of green clover.

 "Tablescapes"
Ceramic bouquets of flowers from Christian Dior in Paris provided a special touch at each place setting!  Please please promise me that you will add a stop at the amazing Dior Boutique at 30 Avenue Montaigne to your Paris wish-list. It is my very favorite shop in the world!  It is filled with amazing Dior fashions and it has beauty area covered in smoky mirrors that is to die for but the area that really makes my heart stop is the home section.  From the hand-painted glasses to the cashmere throws, I promise you won't leave empty handed.

 "Tablescapes"
In the center of the table was a beautiful lemon topiary created by my friend Susan Spindler. Susan came over with a bag full of tools, I provided the lemons and off we went to create this long-lasting arrangement. Small pieces of hydrangea left over from another dinner party filled in the space and the topiary sprang to life!

 "Tablescapes"
We laid out cheerful silver flatware with an enchanting bird pattern and placed a vintage chick eggcup beside each juice glass.
Informal place cards in light green and white marked the seating. To add to the garden feel, I brought outdoor chairs into the breakfast room. 

 "Tablescapes"
The refreshing view out the window into the garden was the final perfect element and our breakfast in the afternoon was a relaxing time well spent!

Photography by Scott Womack  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio