Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tablescape Tuesday: Haunted Mansion Halloween

I set a fun Haunted Victorian Mansion table for my demonstration at Taste of Charleston last weekend.  It was such a blast and I wanted to share some of my fun ideas with you!
You can see all of the holiday tables I set in this image but it also shows the layers of lace and crochet that were torn and ripped that we used for this table.  Halloween is a great opportunity to use an old lace tablecloth that might have a tear or a stain on it.

I used beat up pewter plates and added red fabric paint to an old napkin.  The napkin already had a small tear so I added more tears and wrapped it up with a piece of chain that I bought at the hardware store.
I made this mummy glass by wrapping it in medical tape.  You could do the same for kids by wrapping up a juice box and adding some googly eyes!

The gorgeous flatware is from World Market.  I would use it any time but it worked for this haunted mansion table because of the pretty black lace design.


Silver candle sticks were placed around the table with black and grey candles in them and spider web around them.   I also covered a dollar store black crow on a bed of moss under a cloche for a creepy touch.  The pumpkins in the background were cut off flat at the top and we placed two trays of moon pies on them.  It is a great trick for adding height to a buffet table.

The place card was made by the Left Handed Calligrapher with white ink on black paper.  I burned the edges and nailed it to a small white pumpkin.


2 comments:

  1. Love the old lace and especially the flatware!! I might have to run out and get some! Very creepy-chic. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio