Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hats - Royal Style



Hats!  Kate wears them so well doesn't she?  I love them and I had one made for a wedding that I went to last year!  I felt so glamorous in it and I can't wait for an excuse to wear it again.  Even though I will be watching the Royal Wedding from home, I think I will go ahead and put mine on again!

Here are a few tips for selecting the right hat for you:

-Select a hat that suits your body type:
  
Taller ladies should wear a short hat with a wide brim.

Shorter ladies should wear a tall hat with a small brim that turns up.

-Select a hat based on the shape of your face:

If you have a round face, choose a hat with a tall crown.

If you have a long face, choose a hat with a flatter crown.

-Select a hat that complements your dress.

Take a cue from the royals and select a hat the complements your dress instead of matching it exactly.

Sometimes it is easier to find your hat first instead of searching for a hat to match an outfit.

1 comment:

  1. I shall refer to this guide should I ever have occasion to select a hat.

    Or perhaps I shall refer to this guide even when I don't have occasion to select a hat because these pictures are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio