Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Beauty Tips

I always feel like I am melting in the summer and that doesn't really say much for my beauty routine!  I decided to turn to the pros and ask for some tips.  Here is what I learned:
1. Less is more!  Instead of a heavy foundation, opt for a tinted moisterizer.  I like Natura Bisse's The Cure.  It is amazing for your skin and even's out your skin tone.  Supermodel turned Actress and jewelry designer, Molly Sims told me that she loves the tinted moisterizer from Tarte and that she always buys it two shades darker than her skin.
2. Use blotting papers instead of caking heavy powders on to reduce shine.
3. Switch to a water proof mascara but use a gentle eye makeup remover to take it off every evening.
4. If you insist on wearing eyeshadow in the summer, use a primer or eye shadow base to keep it from creasing.
5. Embrace your natural waves or curls.  Pin straight hair does not scream summer to me!
6.  Keep your hair pulled back in a pony tail or loose bun for a chic summer look.  Not only will you look pulled together but it keeps your hair off of your hot sticky summer skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio