Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tablescapes that Give Back!


Last week I told you about the amazing Lauren Bush and her new line with Barney's called Lauren Pierce Atelier. You have also often heard me go on and on about TOMS shoes, the amazing company founded by friend from SMU, Blake Mycoskie. Both have built incredible businesses that truly give back. Although they are in New York and LA, respectively, we have a few very socially responsible yet equally stylish businesses based here in Texas! GAIA For Women is a great find for any of you who love Tablescapes like I do (and like Gene does!). Their mission is to empower women through employment, encouragement and dedication to their long-term success in the Dallas community. Their creations are handmade with care by women in the Dallas area using vintage, reclaimed or sustainable materials. I recently picked up some incredible napkin rings that jewelry designer, Bonnie Basham, created for them. They are so chic and I had the hardest time decided which color to get! I ended up getting the golden color but I must say that I almost walked away with the blue! On the back of the tag that held the four napkin rings together was a sticker that stated that my items were handmade by Catherin who is a Burmese refugee who recently arrived in Dallas with her two children after spending over 10 years in a refugee camp in Thailand. It goes on to state that "she loves to learn, listen to music and has a radiant smile that gets brighter every day." Reading that makes me love my new napkin rings even more than I already did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio