My sister, Kari, is a residential Real Estate Agent with Allie Beth Allman & Associates. She absolutely loves what she does but says that this is a really busy time of year for home sales. The market is very competitive so she says that you really need to take a few extra steps to make your home stand out. Here are her five tips sell your home:
- Stage your home or keep it furnished. If you home looks liveable, your potential buyers will be able to imagine themselves there. Get rid of clutter but also remember that it they are not looking for a hotel. Family mementos and personal touches are appealing to a buyer.
- Know your competition and price your home appropriately. Check out the other homes for sale in your area so that you know what you are up against.
- Price your home to sell in 60 days. The longer your home is on the market, the more people will think that they can get a deal out of you.
- Counter every offer you get. In this market, an offer is an offer and even if you don't like it, are offended by it, or can't believe how low it is, counter it anyway! Keep the deal alive.
- Hire a Realtor that is an expert in your area. Choose someone fresh and motivated who will help you get a deal done.