Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just in the St. Nick of Time - Affordable Gifts with a Theme!

I love Movies...especially around Christmas! Whenever I am asked about my favorite movie I always reply "Elf!" even if it is the middle of July! Will Ferrell's happy elf has the perfect attitude towards life. He enjoys everything, gets excited about anything sparkly and says "I love smiling! Smiling is my favorite!" When I think about some of my favorite Christmas gifts, I remember a "movie night package" that my aunt gave Justin and I just after we were married. She put together a basket of two new release DVD's, microwave popcorn, and movie candy like twizzlers and M&M's. If you are looking for a way to dazzle your friends this holiday season, think about a quick trip to Blockbusters where you can put together a package with my suggestions:
-The nice thing about giving movies to friends and family is that there is one for everyone! For my brother, "The Hangover" (out yesterday!) will be perfect! My sisters love romantic comedies so I will give them "Four Christmases" and "The Proposal." I always get my mother a classic like "Breakfast at Tiffanys" and my father always wants something educational like "Planet Earth." Blockbuster also offers gift cards and gift subscriptions.
-Mix the movies with a few other treats like a Collectible Popcorn Tin (two for $18!), Candy, and a Snuggie Blanket....you know the one...the blanket with Sleeves ($14.99 to $24.99) or a film version of the board game "Scene It?" (29.99).
-If you really want to add a bit of fun then wrap up the Yoostar Interactive Home Entertainment System ($169.99) which makes you the star of famous movie and television scenes and lets you share your performances. You can insert yourself into your favorite scenes and replace Tom Hanks in "Forest Gump" or Elmo and Grover in "Sesame Street!" The system comes with a web-cam, green screen and stand, remote control, 12 movie scenes and two bonus scenes. You can download hundreds of additional scenes. That sounds like so much fun!
I also love to give a gift that gives back and TOMS shoes are perfect! Watch this fantastic YouTube Video to learn more about my friend Blake Mycoskie and his amazing philanthropic business. If you don't know the shoe size of the people on your list you can give a Gift Card or a Gift Pack that includes a cool DVD about the company and their One for One mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio