Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Tablescapes



I had such a great time setting a table for a Tablescaping fundraiser yesterday. I loved all of the inspiration I found in each of the ideas.
Our table was based on the peppermint party that I featured in my first book, The Pleasure of Your Company. We used only red and white in the book for the fundraiser we added green elements in as well.
A red undercloth from POSH Couture Rentals was topped with a lovely white quilted one. I used straight pins to "swag" the white cloth so that you could see the red underneath. Each of the swags were followed by a candy garland that I purchased at Michael's.
On top of the table I layered an adorable candy cane bordered dinner plate from Pier One Imports with the Bernadeaud Grenadiers salad plates and then topped them off with miniature gingerbread houses also from Pier One.
Our centerpieces were simple glass jars filled with red, white and green candy. M & Ms, Hershey's kisses and peppermints filled them to the brim when we started out but by the time the table was set many people had "snacked" from our table! Between the glass containers we stuck a few of my vintage Santa's from my collection and piled up marshmallows. We added fake snow to the marshmallow pile and it looked like a fairy tale candy snowstorm! It was so sweet!
Send me photos of your Christmas Tabletops and the winner will get a copy of The Pleasure of Your Company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio