Friday, May 15, 2009

Haute Hostess Aprons and Tablescapes at Stanley Korshak






I had a wonderful booksigning at Stanley Korshak in Dallas today because I got to share the floor with my friend, Elizabeth Scokin, designer of Haute Hostess Aprons.  Her delightful aprons make the perfect hostess gift and are perfect for gals like me who like to order takeout and put it on my fine china!  Her gorgeous designs have been featured in Oprah's magazine, O, and Domino!  You just can't miss taking a look at her wonderful website.
I was asked to design a Tablescape for the store and I found inspiration in one of the vintage Suzani they had in for a trunk show.  The colors were rich black, powerful purples and a shocking fuschia. We threw the Suzani over the table half-hazardly for a nice relaxed feeling. Over sized pierced lanterns hung above the table and complementing Suzani pillows covered a bench that we used as seating.  I loved the shape of the fantastic china they had in and they really complemented the organic swirls in the Suzani.  Pink Rock Crystal picture frames would make great place cards and we finished off each place setting with a purple and black box of candles for each guest to take home as a party favor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio